Looking into the future of Web CMS
On January 23rd, we had hosts Tyler Pyburn of TPN, Scott Liewehr and Cathy McKnight of DCG discuss the predictions, trends and hot topics of the year 2013.ow kicked off with great discussion and commentary by Tyler Pyburn and Scott Liewehr on top news items such as:
- Gartner revises global IT spending to show an upward trend led by enterprise software
- Forrester report confirms enterprise companies are starting to embrace Open Source WCM
- Oracle announced in December that it intends to purchase Eloqua for $810 Million
After the news commentary on the Web CMS world, we had Cathy McKnight join in to shed a light on the 2013 Predictions for our industry. Some key predictions include:
- The web content management (WCM) nomenclature fog will (finally) begin to lift, as bigger vendors further embrace some variation of CEM (customer experience/engagement management) for their expanding suites, and WCM becomes identified with web channel-centric projects.
- The next frontier of content marketing and audience engagement goes global as brands start to try and figure out how to localize thought leadership and engagement.
- Marketing automation platforms will extend their functionality so that the technology can be leveraged beyond the early stages of the customer relationship lifecycle.
And more can be found here.
We had Bryan Ruby of CMS Report do a review of Joomla! in 10 minutes. Bryan will be doing 5 more In The Spotlight segments for CMS Connected this year. To see his segment, click here. Bryan also wrote a post-show article on CMS Report on CMS Connected.
The final segment of the show – our very popular Rapid Fire Round had some burning questions for Scott to comment on and he once again did a fantastic job.
One of our Sponsors, Digital Clarity Group also released their 2013 White Paper on How to Select a Web CMS – if you are in the market for a new Web CMS, check it out!
Let us know if you have any comments or feedback about our January Show!