A Fair Review of the Top .NET CMS Platforms - Ingeniux
< Back to Main Article
|Market Position: Mid-Market
|Licence Model: Proprietary
||Current Version: v.10
|Base Price: $25,000 to $75,000 for On-premise. SaaS from $2,000 to $5,000 per month.
|Founded In: 1999
||CEO: Jim Edmunds (16-years)
|NA Offices: Seattle, Washington
||NA Partner Network: 30 – as of Jan 2017
|Hosting Type: On-premise and SaaS
||Closest Comparison: Bridgeline Digital
|Free Trial Version? Yes
||Certified Training? Yes
Ingeniux is a provider of web and social content management software. Its technology empowers developers and content creators to build the next generation web, with products acclaimed for ease-of-use, rapid deployment, extensibility, and low total cost of ownership.
Ingeniux has a strong presence in financial services, higher education, travel, trade associations, technology, medical, and scientific device industries, with a focus on offering an agile alternative to traditional content management suites.
Ingeniux CMS 10 is the modern solution for managing high performance websites and connected customer experiences. Version 10 is based on MVC and ASP.NET technology, and the platform features visual page building and editing for responsive design and ground breaking NoSQL database technology.
Comments from Ingeniux
“It’s time to think differently about Web CMS. Most .NET CMS platforms offer the same set of features and technology. Ingeniux is different. Ingeniux is the most modern .NET CMS on the market. In past two years we have revamped our platform with new .NET technology, the only NoSQL-based repository in the industry, and a friendly user experience. We have also rethought how content should be created, managed and delivered to support the digital transformation many businesses and organizations are undergoing.”
Ingeniux uses a SaaS based licensing model. It is unique in that it is completely based on a NoSQL database. This provides a highly scalable platform that can handle very large amounts of content. All content is indexed and cached immediately, allowing for quick processing and access. Ingeniux CMS is a core product that will require development to get a website up and running. Ingeniux Cartella is a product that offers prebuilt modules and solutions for intranets, extranets and communities.
- Version 10 provides a new friendly user experience and new capabilities for managing digital content and assets.
- Ingeniux has taken a mobile first approach. The Page Builder is based entirely on responsive design frameworks like Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Ingeniux is 100% ASP.NET MVC, supports the Microsoft Razor view engine, includes a NoSQL JSON-based content repository, an open REST API, and full search application based on Lucene.
- On-call developer services, and round-the-clock site monitoring and support in our fully managed cloud environment.
- Ingeniux is a decoupled CMS platform, which means that the software for managing your website is separate from your content delivery, and there are costs for additional development and forethought in delivering interactive customer experiences. According to Ingeniux, they have addressed this gap by developing the Ingeniux Dynamic Site Server.
- With only one office in Seattle and an “in-shore” development center in Walla Walla, Washington, Ingeniux has a fairly small geographical footprint and integration partner channel, when compared to competitors like Kentico and Sitefinity.
Click on the logos above to link to individual vendor reviews or download a PDF of all the top .NET CMS platforms reviewed
< Back to Main Article
WCM Advisory & Support Services
For more information on maximizing your existing WCM system, or for assistance in selecting a new WCM solution, visit our Advisory & Support Services page. Let us help you to prevent problems and maximize a return on investment by guiding you through all the project phases, from analysis and requirements, through to implementation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.