A Fair Review of the Top .NET CMS Platforms - Elcom
< Back to Main Article
|Market Position: Mid-Market
|Licence Model: Proprietary
||Current Version: elcomCMS v10
|Base Price: On-premise starts at $25,000. Cloud solution starts at $1,700/month.
|Founded In: 1996
||CEO: John Anstey (20-years)
|NA Offices: San Francisco, California
||NA Partner Network: 40 – as of Jan 2017
|Hosting Type: On-premise and SaaS
||Closest Comparison: Bridgeline Digital
|Free Trial Version? No (request a demo only)
||Certified Training? Yes
Elcom Technology is a privately held company based in Sydney, Australia and founded by John Anstey in 1996. elcomCMS is a modular web content management system, which can be delivered on premise or in the cloud, licensed or SaaS, with over 1,000 implementations and a partner network in Australia, North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
elcomCMS has the scalability, functionality and security for medium to enterprise organizations to achieve their business objectives for secure websites, intranets, e-government portals, dealer portals, mobile web, social, eCommerce, learning management, and comes standard with over 90 base features.
In January 2011, Elcom opened a New York office to engage with North American partners, and then moved to a San Francisco office the following year. Trusted by well-known brands including Hyundai, Kia, WWF, Kaiser Permanente and Fairfax Media, as well as several government and educational institutions including Austrade, the Fair Work Ombudsman, Inner West Council, UTS INSEARCH, Asham School and Barker College.
Comments from Elcom
“Elcom’s flexible delivery with cloud, on-premise, or hybrid cloud, provide scalable out-of-the-box functionality for digital workplaces, Intranets, secure portals, websites and learning solutions. Elcom has an intuitive user experience that helps to drive business value, increase collaboration and communication. Our product focus, ongoing support and dedication to our customers and partners help to build a strong and long lasting relationship, as your digital transformation platform of choice.”
Elcom offers a number of built-in features and modules. They offer prebuilt solutions for intranets, portals, collaboration and learning management. Add-on modules and connectors are available from Elcom. The developer API allows for some extensibility, but the best results are generally achieved when staying within the limits of the out of the box product offering.
- The elcomCMS platform has an extensive range of web applications that provide features and functionality for websites, partner portals, intranets, and e-commerce.
- The interoperable capabilities of elcomCMS ensure that you can easily integrate to other systems and applications that the business is using, helping deliver a smooth user experience while improving efficiencies in the organization.
- The out of the box collaboration features in elcomCMS are intuitive and easy to use.
- Elcom’s SaaS solution is not a fully mature product offering yet, but continues to grow through client interest.
- Their certified integration partner channel is limited in North America, along with customer support in the region. Elcom also offers integration services, which has an adverse effect on growing their integration partner channel.
- Although elcomCMS has a strong presence and customer base in Australia, they’re still fairly unknown in the North American market.
Click on the logos above to link to individual vendor reviews or download a PDF of all the top .NET CMS platforms reviewed
< Back to Main Article
WCM Advisory & Support Services
For more information on maximizing your existing WCM system, or for assistance in selecting a new WCM solution, visit our Advisory & Support Services page. Let us help you to prevent problems and maximize a return on investment by guiding you through all the project phases, from analysis and requirements, through to implementation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.