A Fair Review of the Top .NET eCommerce Platforms - Kentico
By Gary Eisenstein
August 24, 2017
.NET, ASP .NET, ASP .NET Open Source, B2B, B2C, commercetools, Development, eCommerce, eCommerce Integration, eCommerce Platform, eCommerce Review, eCommerce Website Design, Episerver, iAAPS, kentico, nopCommerce, open source, Platform Review, product review, Retail, sitecore, Software Review, Strategy, Ucommerce, Virto Commerce, Website, Znode
< Back to Main Article
Kentico was founded by Petr Palas in June 2004, has been growing organically without any external funding or loans since then, and has been profitable year after year, according to a Kentico spokesperson. Kentico has over 1,000 digital agency partners listed worldwide, and powers more than 25,000 websites across 100 countries. Customers include Gibson, Twinings, Ingram Micro, Mazda, Kingspan, Hunter Fan, Starbucks, and Allergan.
Kentico is a content management, eCommerce, and digital marketing platform, all in one. This product can be deployed in the cloud and offers tiered solutions, including CMS Base, CMS Ultimate and an Enterprise Marketing Solution (EMS).
In September 2016, Kentico was finally named as a Challenger in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WCM. Kentico also recently launched Version 10, which features a long list of functional improvements all focused on getting digital marketing jobs done faster and more efficiently.
|Features & Functionality:
|Pricing & ROI:
|Integration & Deployment:
|Service & Support:
- Kentico’s native eCommerce capabilities are part of the all-in-one platform combining content management, online marketing, and eCommerce solutions.
- That means direct access to all the capabilities provided by these three solutions and allows organizations not only to run their digital commerce business, but also create content generating a steady stream of customers, run marketing campaigns and gain insights into what works to get customers to purchase goods and services, and based on these insights personalize the customer experiences.
- Also, Kentico’s versatile extensibility and core calculation augmentation plus a powerful discount engine fit the bill for our small and midsize business customers.
- Kentico’s native commerce solution does not offer Product Information Management capabilities out of the box and does not provide support for multiple product catalogues and other functionality that is specific to B2B businesses.
Kentico’s native commerce solution is tightly connected with segmentation, personalization, lead scoring and marketing automation capabilities, making it a very attractive to all SMB/B2C businesses with extensive product catalog and adequate digital marketing maturity.
Recent Industry Recognition
- Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals 2016 and a Challenger for Web Content Management 2016.
“If organizations are looking for a commerce solution that features SMB B2C core capabilities out-of-box and provides flexible customizations model that allows you to grow beyond SMB origins then Kentico with built-in eCommerce module is a solution for you. Native integration with Kentico content management and online marketing capabilities provides your organization with the platform to assist in all stages of the sales cycle.”
Kentico News Update
The introduction of Kentico 11, scheduled for release in November 2017 will include integration into the Ucommerce system. This will require customers to have a valid Kentico and Ucommerce license. The Ucommerce price is EUR 5,999 ($6,847 USD) per server per year.
Comment from Kentico about Ucommerce: Kentico integration with Ucommerce is the right choice for businesses looking for a highly flexible, best-of-breed, multichannel eCommerce platform. It is backed by strong content management providing virtually unlimited possibilities in store logic and design. Kentico with integrated Ucommerce provides the best of both worlds… CMS and eCommerce.
Select Another Vendor
< Back to Main Article
WCM Advisory & Support Services
For more information on maximizing your existing WCM system, or for assistance in selecting a new WCM solution, visit our Advisory & Support Services page. Let us help you to prevent problems and maximize a return on investment by guiding you through all the project phases, from analysis and requirements, through to implementation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.
Gary has been working in the IT industry since 1993 and is the Principal Analyst at CMS-Connected, and the Founder and President of Falcon-Software. If you would like advice on how to evaluate a "best-fit" digital experience solution for your organization, Gary can be reached at email@example.com.