A Fair Review of the Top Web CMS Platforms - Crownpeak
|Crownpeak Technology, Inc.
|Head Office: Denver, Colorado
|CEO & Tenure: Ravi Kumaraswami, since Dec 2017
||Platform Type: A fully-Managed SaaS Hosting Platform
|License Model: With Crownpeak’s fully-managed SaaS platform hosting as part of the standard base subscription, there is no software or infrastructure to buy or set up.
|Starting Price: Annual base subscription fee, which requires a quotation process. Crownpeak declined to provide a starting price or dollar range for this review.
||Current Version: Releases are every 2-weeks and available to customers immediately
|Online Demo: Yes
||Trial Version: No
|Customer Training: Yes
||Certification Training: Yes
|Integration Partners: USA – 8, Canada – 0
||Professional Services: Yes
|License Renewals: No additional cost for hosting, maintenance & support, storage space, number of websites or website visitors. No investment required for hardware and network infrastructure.
|Support: Assistance is available 24/7. Crownpeak’s Support Portal includes knowledge base articles, training videos and you can submit and manage your support cases online. Their Developer Center has detailed information on subjects such as development best practices, code examples, API libraries, IDE integration, and platform release notes. Crownpeak also offer eBooks and Webinars.
Crownpeak provides the leading, enterprise-grade, cloud-first Digital Experience Management (DXM) platform. The Crownpeak DXM platform empowers Fortune 2000 companies to quickly and easily create, deploy and optimize customer experiences across global digital touchpoints at scale. Besides featuring content management, personalization, search, and hosting, it is the only digital experience platform that includes built-in Digital Quality Management (DQM) to ensure brand integrity, best practices, and web accessibility compliance. Recently, Crownpeak acquired Evidon, the leading provider of simple technical solutions to complex digital Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) challenges including a new Universal Consent Platform, designed to help companies comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Top 10 Features
- Personalization & A/B Testing
- Search G2 Functionality
- Digital Quality Management
- SaaS Full-Stack Hosting
- GDPR Consent Solution
- Security & Compliance
- REST-based, bi-directional, 25-method API
- Tag Auditor and Trackermap
- Globalization & Localization
- Omni-channel Experiences
|Complete List of Features
Key Modules & Connectors
- Over 60 Pre-Built Integrations
- Box and Dropbox Integration
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Salesforce Integration
- Oracle Integration
- SharePoint Connector
- Marketo & Eloqua
- Brightcove Integration
- Crownpeak has extensive experience in the cloud, being one of the first software as a service (SaaS) providers worldwide in the WCM marketspace.
- Crownpeak has successfully augmented its core WCM offering with both additional security capabilities for cloud deployments and its Digital Quality Management platform, which automates multichannel enforcement of SEO, accessibility, and brand compliance.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), including a new Universal Consent Platform, designed to help companies comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Crownpeak's vertical strategy has focus on those contexts where regulatory compliance has a higher priority such as financial and healthcare, bringing security strengths and data quality management to bear on these sectors.
- Crownpeak's marketing effectiveness needs to improve.
- Its partner ecosystem is weak compared with other vendors featured in this review.
- Crownpeak lags behind in the incorporation of machine learning for advanced personalization and multivariate testing.
- Crownpeak's unique templated, decoupled architecture allows transparent support for any deployment target leveraging platforms such as Microsoft .NET, open source LAMP, Java EE and many other technologies.
- Platform is available solely as a cloud platform, specializing in SaaS delivery over the company's history.
- Amazon Web Services Advanced Technology Partner and the platform is delivered via AWS' enterprise-class cloud infrastructure.
- A hybrid architecture, meaning that all stateless layers of the platform are managed as horizontally-scalable shared services while customer-specific stateful data and content is segregated and managed on a customer-by-customer basis in a standardized, isolated stack.
Crownpeak Trackermap provides a 360º view of all the third-parties with access to your website and application user data. This includes vendors you probably aren’t even aware of due to agreements your vendors have with their partners. Getting this visibility is the first step in complying with the law. The Crownpeak GDPR Compliance Solution is based upon their existing patented technology – and is the first unified solution to help organizations achieve compliance with the GDPR and other privacy laws requiring notice and consent.
Some of its capabilities include:
- Marries ePrivacy and GDPR consent requirements into a single user experience.
- Deploys a persistent notice banner that disappears only once user has consented.
- Displays granular and specific data collection vendors, and empowers the user with the ability to consent to each, all or none, as well as the ability to withdraw consent at any time.
- Allows only essential and necessary technologies to fire before consent is given, and then remaining technologies can execute.
- Provides the user a gateway to exercise their GDPR-based privacy rights.
The future for both the organization and the platform looks very bright. Building on the acquisition of Evidon in 2017 and ActiveStandards in 2015, Crownpeak has differentiated themselves by being the only WCM provider that recognizes that regulatory and privacy concerns are essential components of the future of digital experience management. As brands attempt to balance the need for creating digital experiences that engage customers with stringent privacy regulations and the constant challenge of cyber threats, Crownpeak believes it is well positioned to capitalize on these concerns and provide solutions that help brands earn customer trust and mitigate risk in the digital age.
Image above from Gartner 2017 WCM MQ Report.
Image above from Forrester Wave's Web CMS, 2017.
Additional Video Interviews
The professionalism of our site has really improved. DQM enables us to set quality standards for all aspects of our website and ensure they are being met. It's a powerful tool for optimizing the customer experience.
— Lisa Hayward, Shell
We’re extremely excited to be working with the team at Crownpeak on this initiative. By including their platform in the best-of-breed digital technology stack we’ve assembled to fulfill the vision of Digital 2.0, we’ll be able to deliver market-leading consumer experiences at a higher quality whilst reducing the resources required to address such a complex challenge.
— Vineet Bhalla, Unilever
DQM is a huge help, and it’s a really easy product to use. It’s very quick to make changes. That’s been a real benefit for us.
— Andrea Gold, Rolls-Royce
We wanted to look for ways to eliminate or consolidate tags - to get a sense of how to prioritize which tags are impacting latency - and Evidon has absolutely given us a basis for where to use our new power. We learned that technologies are always changing, so it’s a continual process. But now we can always be working toward a faster, safer site that offers our audience a great experience.
— Frank Conway, Refinery29
Integration Partner Comments
Our partnership with Crownpeak enables us to offer clients a web-based, enterprise-level experience platform that delivers personalized content, testing and targeting functionality across devices and channels. Our teams love working with the Digital Quality Management tools and with the recent acquisition of Evidon, we know we can help global clients with ensuring that their content is higher quality, properly managed, and meets all governance or consent requirements.
— Ben Philyaw, Mirum
WCM Advisory & Support Services
For more information on maximizing your existing WCM system, or for assistance in selecting a new WCM solution, fill out the form below to have someone from CMSC connect with you to discuss your needs and requirements. Let us help you prevent problems and maximize a return on investment by guiding you through all the project phases, from analysis and requirements, through to implementation, deployment, and support.