Customer Engagement via Social Networks
Most businesses aim to connect with their audiences on the social media channels. This can be done by engaging your audience – listening and talking to them; and having meaningful conversations. This builds trust and encourages the dialogue. Here are 5 things to jump start customer engagement via the social media channels.
- Integrate Social Media: Ensure that your social media networks are incorporated into your Web Content Management (WCM) platforms.
- Be Where Your Audience Is: Set up social media channels that your audiences use and be there – show that you are an expert and you care.
- Content remains King: Make sure your content is powerful and engaging – there is nothing worse than getting a follower and see them go.
- Have a purpose: Just setting up your social media won’t cut it – you need to have a reason to be there: engage your audience
- Tracking and Monitoring: It is important to learn what your audience is saying about you – how often they comment – what topics get most interest, likes and retweets?
It’s about time we realized that Customer Engagement is the new Marketing – so make the most of it via Social Networks; and remember to always be mindful of your brand reputation – use consistent messaging throughout.