Achieve True Digital Transformation with the Corporate Content Cloud
Written by Oliver Jaeger with e-Spirit
As you may have seen in a recent episode of CMS-Connected
, e-Spirit has launched what we are calling the Corporate Content Cloud initiative to help companies achieve true digital transformation.
What exactly is a digital transformation and how does a Corporate Content Cloud help?
Where do we start?
First let’s look at the definition of digital transformation. According to researchers at the Altimeter Group, digital transformation is defined through a customer-centric lens:
“The realignment of, or new investment in, technology and business models to more effectively engage digital customers at every touchpoint in the customer experience life cycle.”
To be sure, every company has different needs, so the definition and the requirements needed to achieve digital transformation are different. But the core need to improve the digital experience for customers exists in virtually every organization today.
One of the biggest challenges we hear at companies when we talk about digital transformation centers around managing and distributing content. Content is critical to driving customer engagement, but in most organizations content is spread all over the place – from personal laptops to shared drives to inside repositories. In one study, Gartner found a digital commerce site can now average more than 15 integration points. All this complexity makes finding and efficiently distributing content nearly impossible.
That’s where the Corporate Content Cloud comes in. By building a Corporate Content Cloud organizations can connect all of their people, systems, and applications to the centralized, real-time data, assets and information necessary to publish content with total accuracy and relevancy across all channels and devices, resulting in a seamless customer experience.
A Corporate Content Cloud, enabled by FirstSpirit and implemented by partners such as Falcon-Software, allows organizations to deploy targeted omni-channel digital customer engagement programs that attract, engage, and retain loyal brand advocates who drive revenue and growth. Key elements of a Corporate Content Cloud include:
– An open and extensible CMS allows easy integration of systems and Web applications, preserves investments and embraces innovation. Very often, digital transformation efforts fail due to the high cost of “rip and replace” of existing systems. In contrast, the best-of-breed approach of the Corporate Content Cloud initiative allows a less disruptive adoption curve and keeps solutions in sync with business needs.
Globalization and multi-brand management
– Any digital transformation effort must think broadly. This requires a CMS capable of supporting multiple international websites and brands on a large scale with extensive support for native languages, integration with translation platforms and extensive content reuse capabilities across brands.
– With the advent of Big Data, companies know more about customers than ever. The challenge has been putting those insights into action. An important part of the Corporate Content Cloud is blending personalized content delivery with low resource utilization, high performance and stability.
Global user experience
– Digital transformation is ultimately about people. Such a transformation is not only about the customers who experience it on the front end, but also the developers, editors and integrators in the back end who are responsible for creating a holistic customer experience. This requires intuitive tools for the entire team along the digital value chain.
– At the core of the Corporate Content Cloud is an enterprise-ready content engine that is private, secure and able to automate and scale the delivery of accurate and relevant content across all channels and devices. The FirstSpirit CMS meets these requirements and has been proven enterprise-ready in hundreds of large-scale deployments.
If your company is embarking on a digital transformation program, now is the time to add a Corporate Content Cloud into the mix. As part of the Corporate Content Cloud initiative, e-Spirit and Falcon-Software are offering on-site planning sessions, the content engine, technical support, integration resources and future-proof integration technologies – everything you need to truly achieve digital transformation.
Contact us today to discuss how the Corporate Content Cloud might fit into your digital transformation regime.