A Fair Review of the Top .NET eCommerce Platforms - nopCommerce
< Back to Main Article
|NOP SOLUTIONS LTD
|Licence Model: Open Source
||Current Version: 3.90
|Base Price: Free solution, however, implementation and maintenance would require some expenditures, such as hosting, optional add-ons (themes, plugins) and customization services if required. Also, for those who plan to remove a “powered by nopCommerce” statement at the bottom of each page, white labeling costs $120.00.
|Founded In: 2008
||CEO: Andrei Mazulnitsyn (8-years)
|NA Offices: None
||NA Partner Network: 34
|Hosting Type: On-Premise
||Closest Comparison: SmartStore
|Free Trial Version? Yes
||Certified Training? Yes
Located in Yaroslavl, Russia, nopCommerce is the leading ASP.NET based open-source eCommerce platform. It is a solution with comprehensive features that is applicable for all types of users from new online businesses, who are going to grow fast, to the most demanding eCommerce experts.
Committed to creating, delivering, and maintaining world class e-business solutions to customers all around the world, nopCommerce is a transparent and well-structured solution, combining the best features of open-source and commercial software. A few of their notable clientele includes Turkish Airlines, Volvo, BMW, Elton John, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Speedo, Staples, Casio and North Face.
nopCommerce released the first version in October 2008 and turned the framework into an open source project. The company’s primary goal is to constantly be improving the product and continue to develop a platform that puts the control back in the hands of the online merchant, placing no constraints on business processes and flow.
|Features & Functionality:
|Pricing & ROI:
|Integration & Deployment:
|Service & Support:
- Great value-money ratio, nopCommerce is a completely free solution. Expenditures are only associated with implementation, hosting, paid themes and plugins (although they do have an extensive marketplace with free add-ons).
- Significant amount of out-of-box features (such as responsive design and multi-store environment), and a very flexible architecture.
- Highly stable and secure. Since their launch only one security patch has been required and it is safe to stay on earlier versions and upgrade once every few years.
- High performance and scalability due to technology stack and Azure compatibility.
- Plugins for integration with most of the popular service providers, such as payment and shipping modules. nopCommerce can also be integrated with ERP, CRM, CMS and other external systems.
- nopCommerce is for people with technical knowledge and those who can spend the time exploring documentation. It takes time to set up before it can be up and running.
- With no North American office locations, market awareness is low.
- Lack of dedicated 24/7 phone support. Support for top-tier clientele is provided by solution partners or certified in-house developers.
- Extensive amount of features results in a constant UI/UX improvement struggle.
Multi-store and multi-vendor capabilities.
“nopCommerce has a reputation of an eCommerce solution that your developer will advise: clear, scalable and easy to enhance. nopCommerce is not a traditional CMS, though we have extensive content marketing tools, it is an eCommerce suite which can be easily integrated with any CMS or ERP.”
Select Another Vendor
< Back to Main Article
WCM Advisory & Support Services
For more information on maximizing your existing WCM system, or for assistance in selecting a new WCM solution, visit our Advisory & Support Services page. Let us help you to prevent problems and maximize a return on investment by guiding you through all the project phases, from analysis and requirements, through to implementation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.