A Fair Review of the Top .NET eCommerce Platforms - Ucommerce
< Back to Main Article
|Licence Model: Proprietary
||Current Version: 7.7
|Base Price: Customers must purchase Ucommerce through the following CMS vendors.
Kentico – $6,000 per year, per production server, which includes support and upgrades.
Sitecore – $8,000 per year, per production server, which includes support and upgrades.
Umbraco – $2,500 to $5,000 per year, which includes support and upgrades.
|Founded In: 2009
||CEO: Soren Spelling Lund (1.5-years)
|NA Offices: New Hampshire
||NA Partner Network: 18
|Hosting Type: On-Premise and SaaS
||Closest Comparison: commercetools
|Free Trial Version? Yes
||Certified Training? Yes
Ucommerce is a global company empowering more than 3,000 websites in over 10 countries. The company is headquartered in Denmark and maintains local offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. Ucommerce is a fully featured .NET based eCommerce platform, developed from a Content & Commerce perspective, powering customers such as H.J. Heinz, BIC, British Library, Faber-Castell, Emirates and Reebok.
|Features & Functionality:
|Pricing & ROI:
|Integration & Deployment:
|Service & Support:
- Ucommerce is a feature-rich e-commerce platform. The intuitive administration interfaces contain a powerful marketing foundation offering everything you need to stimulate customers to buy. Ucommerce also offers full integration with your ERP-system via the uConnector.
- As top eCommerce platforms move towards creating compelling online shopping experiences, Ucommerce has managed to do a nice job leveraging their relationship with Sitecore and Umbraco (Kentico option due to launch November 2017) to achieve a good overall customer experience.
- The user interface is fine, but with modern day apps and a high focus on personal customization, Ucommerce has fallen a bit behind. They are addressing this and are making a complete user customizable backend interface to improve the EX (Employee Experience).
- Ucommerce is a bit weak with out-of-box capabilities when compared to their closest competitors, but again, they are currently working on making more "OOB" features for Ucommerce for future releases.
- As much as it’s a strength if you are a Kentico, Sitecore or Umbraco customer… if you are not, you will need to strike Ucommerce off your list.
Customers looking to build shopping experiences based on Content & Commerce, Ucommerce is a solid option with Kentico, Sitecore or Umbraco as your CMS.
”Seamless integration between your Content Management System and your Commerce platform, leverages your Content investment and creates a unified experience for both customers and daily users. Let your customers get access to the full experience of your products and your brand through a unified and seamless Content and Commerce platform.”
Select Another Vendor
< Back to Main Article
WCM Advisory & Support Services
For more information on maximizing your existing WCM system, or for assistance in selecting a new WCM solution, visit our Advisory & Support Services page. Let us help you to prevent problems and maximize a return on investment by guiding you through all the project phases, from analysis and requirements, through to implementation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.